At Xplore Radiology, our friendly and professional team will walk you through the entire procedure from first contact to the moment you receive your results, and our experts will happily answer any questions you may have.
What is a CT scan?
Computed Tomography is an x-ray technique that creates cross-sectional images of your body. It gives your doctor an inside look of your body. Used for various body parts, the CT scan is used to identify cysts, infections, or tumors in the chest as well as the organs.
What happens when you have a CT scan?
The patient lies on an X-ray table that slides into the CT scanner, which looks like a large ring. The X-rays are emitted from the ring and pass through the part of the body being scanned. A computer detects the amount of radiation passing through the body and forms an image of the part of the body being scanned.
What is bulk billing?
We choose to accept the Medicare benefit as full payment for your CT and therefore you will not be out of pocket.
We try to make use of Bulk Billing whenever possible to reduce the costs of the majority of exams to help you save money on your scans.
Please call our friendly team to find out more. See ‘Locations’ on our website to find your local office.
- Leeton (02) 6953 4644
- Griffith (02) 6962 3335
- Narellan (02) 4648 4415
- Devonport (03) 6423 6005
At Xplore Radiology we want health care to be accessible and affordable for everyone. We are dedicated to offering Bulkbilled services wherever we can.
When can my MRI be bulk billed?
- The radiology provider must have a Medicare licenced MRI machine to be able to bulk bill an MRI exam. Xplore Radiology has a Medicare licensed MRI machine.
- Do you hold a Medicare card? You must hold a Medicare card to be eligible.
- Is your referral from a specialist? If the answer is yes, then Xplore Radiology will bulk bill your MRI.
- Is your referral from a GP? If the answer is yes, then your MRI MAY be able to be bulk billed. There are only a handful of Medicare codes that a GP can refer for and they must include relevant clinical indications on the referral.
Patients under the age of 16 years
- Scan of the Head
- Scan of the Spine following radiographic examination i.e an x-ray
- Scan of the Knee following radiographic examination i.e an x-ray
- Scan of the Hip following radiographic examination i.e an x-ray
- Scan of the Elbow following radiographic examination i.e an x-ray
- Scan of the Wrist following radiographic examination i.e an x-ray
Patients over the age of 16 years
- Scan of the Head
- Scan of the Cervical spine
- Scan of the Knee (Following acute knee trauma)
All other exams may incur a private fee, please enquire with our staff to see if you are eligible.
- Is your referral from an Allied Health provider, such as a Podiatrist, Chiropractor, Physiotherapist. If the answer is yes, then these exams CANNOT be bulk billed and there will be a private fee.
Our friendly staff are always happy to assist you with any enquiries about your MRI exam. Please contact us today on (02) 6962 3335
MRI is available at our Griffith office at 119-121 Yambil Street, Griffith.